International Women's Day was colorfully celebrated at Adama Science & Technology University. President of FDRE Ambassador Sahile work Zewde, Vice president of Oromia Regional National state Teyiba Hassen and Professor Hirut W/mariam, Minister of MoSHE took part in the event!!!
On the occasion, ASTU has showcased its relentless efforts of capacitating women and girls. The university has given trainings to several girls and women. The university awarded prizes of different sorts to 122 female students who have got 3.25 CGPA and above. Of these seven students who have scored very great distinction took gold. The university also awarded ten outstanding female students from preparatory schools in Adama.
Adama Science & Technology University is working in collaboration with a number of world class universities and research institutes. The establishment of several Centers of Excellence (CoE) in the university has given it the opportunity to scale up its engagement in executing its responsibility of transferring technology. In connection with this the university has signed MOA with Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI).
Deputy Ambassador of Israel, Mr. Or Daniely made Public lecture to Academic Staff of Adama Science and Technology University. Mr. or Daniely delivered the lecture titled, “Innovation Lab: The case of Israel”. The lecture was about the story of Israel as an innovative country; the process of becoming the startup nation from being a developing country struggling with scarcity, wars, and lack of resources. What makes Israel one of the leading countries in innovation worldwide, how the public and private sector work together in building the right innovation-enabling ecosystem, and how these are related to Ethiopia have all been covered in the lecture.
The involvement of ASTU in technology transfer is gaining momentum. A case in point is the successful designing and operation of an electromagnetic induction injera mitada (EMIM). The electromagnetic induction injera mitad (EMIM) was developed by ASTU staff members, Ato Feleke and Dr. Oquino from the school of Electrical Engineering & Computing. During the presentation of the newly designed EMIN, Ato Feleke demonstrated that the prototype assembled with its controller is ready for injera baking which he managed to show on spot!!!! The designers also made it evident that EMIM has got 50% improved performances in comparison with other electric mitads.This is a great stride in ASTU's role of transferring technology!!!!
The office of postgraduate studies trained academic Staffs, who are specifically teaching and advising graduate students, on the postgraduate curriculum development and revision held from Feb 21-22, 2019. It is believed that the vision and development of the graduate curriculum cannot be achieved without the involvement of the academic staffs. So, the training focused mainly on the means to equip the academic staffs with skills of the curriculum development and revision. The contents of the training are curriculum development and program review, and the trainers were Dr.Ambisa Kenea and Dr. Dessu Wirtu, both from Addis Ababa University. The participants were Vice president, Central Deans, School Dean and academic staffs from all the engineering schools and applied natural sciences. One hundred twelve academic staffs participated in the training. Based on the training, schools are expected to form different program review committee at school and department levels so as to be able to reassess the existing PG curriculum and update them.
To all 2017 (2010 E.C.) National Higher Learning Institutions Entrance Exam Achievers (Ethiopian Students),
Adama Science & Technology University (ASTU) wants to recruit and teach new students with special talent and interest in applied natural science and engineering
Students who have scored passing matriculation results in natural science can apply as per the criteria and dates notified by the FDRE Science and Technology Ministry
Choose Adama Science & Technology University (ASTU)
We are unique in:
1. Providing student friendly, swift quality services with special treatment to freshman (1st year) students;
2. Recruiting well qualified and experienced academic staff both from local and abroad;
3. Enriching students’ knowledge & skills through e-Learning in addition to classroom face-to-face teaching & learning; we have the state of the art e-studio in this regard;
4. Well designed academic programs with a number of options in the fields of science and technology by benchmarking top universities in the world; They give opportunity for the students to design their own curriculum;
5. Providing fast track for advanced degree to extra-ordinary, outstanding students by exempting some courses through giving special exams and finish their study in time;
6. Providing dual major and/ or minor degree opportunity to outstanding students by allowing them to take more courses at a time;
7. Providing direct scholarship of further education to its outstanding graduates;
8. Well developed educational infrastructures (Superfast wireless broadband internet; well furnished modern ICT Centers for e-Learning; a maximum of 3 students in a dorm, etc);
9. Adequate libraries that serve 24 hours for 7 days a week
10. We have an independent full flagged library for female students;
11. Academic achievement Promoting environment (ASTU awarded outstanding students about 538 latest laptop computers, iPads, and Tablets in 2016 and 2017 academic years);
12. Good relationship with many national & international institutions to get our students scholarship for short term and long-term internship programs;
13. We have Huge Research Park for staff and student researchers with 8 nationally recognized centers of excellence to enable us provide research based education and copy, adapt, innovate and transfer technologies;
14. Green and attractive compound with moderate whether condition (neither hot nor clod);
15. Situated in Adama City, the pearl of the Great Rift valley, only 40 minutes drive to the eastern part of Addis Ababa/ Finfinne,
So, Choose, Adama Science and Technology University and Design your own curriculum to become a high level scientist and engineer and be a member of transformation!Adama Science and Technology University,