A model center that excels in ICT infrastructure for academic, research and community service in Africa.
- Creating a conducive teaching-learning, research, community service, management, and administration environment with ICT support.
- Providing reliable and adequate network infrastructure.
- Automating teaching-learning process.
- On-time user support.
- Delivering fast and reliable Internet and Intranet service on 24/7 for ASTU communities.
- Automating business process
- Securing ASTU network from any treats internal or external.
- Ensuring the quality of ASTU ICT equipments.
- ICT consultancy and training.
- Conducting research in ICT.
- Delivering ICT research outcomes, and professional application software’s.
- Exclusively managing, insuring quality, monitoring and maintenance of any ICT related equipments.
- Discarding any ICT equipments should be approved by ICT Directorate.
- Any application software’s that are installed on ASTU ICT equipments should get the approval of ICT Directorate.
- Preparing ICT Policies, standards and guidelines.
- Request for any proprietary application software’s and operating systems should be first approved by ICT before further processing.
- Managing, maintaining, upgrading and expanding of the network infrastructure, ICT Pools, SMART Rooms.