A model center that excels in ICT infrastructure for academic, research, and community service in Africa.
- Creating a conducive teaching-learning, research, community service, management, and administration environment with ICT support.
- Providing reliable and adequate network infrastructure.
- Automating the teaching-learning process.
- On-time user support.
- Delivering fast and reliable Internet and Intranet service 24/7 for ASTU communities.
- Automating business process
- Securing ASTU network from any threats internal or external.
- Ensuring the quality of ASTU ICT equipment.
- ICT consultancy and training.
- Conducting research in ICT.
- Delivering ICT research outcomes, and professional application software.
- Exclusively managing, insuring quality, monitoring, and maintenance of any ICT-related equipment.
- Discarding any ICT equipment should be approved by ICT Directorate.
- Any application software that is installed on ASTU ICT equipment should get the approval of the ICT Directorate.
- Preparing ICT Policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Request for any proprietary application software and operating systems should be first approved by ICT before further processing.
- Managing, maintaining, upgrading, and expanding the network infrastructure, ICT Pools, SMART Rooms.