The mission of Adama Science and Technology University Library is to foster intellectual growth, academic success, and lifelong learning for the students and staff of the university. ASTU as academic library which serve the university community that adds a value in the teaching learning process by providing the relevant information resources for students and university community.
To achieve this mission ASTU Library provides 7 days per week for 24 hour services for its customers.
Type of library services
- Circulation service
- Loan service
- Multi-media service
- Internet service
- Reference service
- Documentation service
- Reserved spaces for disable student
- Digital counter system for users
- Separate Library for female student
Resource and collection
- The available collection excluding periodicals is about 115,000 volumes of books and documents of different subjects.
- The Library is using open system based on Dewey decimal classification/DDC/ scheme.
Library Technology based service
- Digital Library:The library has implemented Digital library using Greenstone Digita library software. Digital contents (eBooks and e-Journals) are organized, built and accessible for users via internet in the campus network.
- Koha: To support the manual Circulation services, the library also implemented library automation system using Koha integrated library management software. The library patrons can use e-Catalog services (OPAC) to select the type of books they need to borrow from the library online.
- DSpaceDigital Repository: ASTU Library has implemented Institutional Repository (IR) system using DSpace digital repository software to collect, manage, preserve and disseminate collections of digital content generated by school, staff, students at ASTU.